by THOMAS on Feb 19, 2012 • 2:29 am
Nutritional therapy is an alternative to conventional medicine and is based upon the “Foundations of Functional Nutrition.” Nutritional therapy utilizes proper diet, nutritional supplements, glandular extracts, herbal preparations, and botanicals to treat the underlying cause of health disorders. Nutritional therapy uses a diagnostic and investigatory procedure known as Neuro-lingual Testing to determine the body’s need for a particular nutrient.
We begin the process by taking a thorough history from the patient regarding their health problem. We follow up with a thorough examination by palpating the numerous “reflex points” that are located throughout the body. These reflex points are associated with particular organ systems and are connected directly to the brain.
This phenomenon represents:
• The powerful connection between the mouth and the central nervous system (CNS)
• The CNS capacity to recognize value.
• The ability of the CNS to immediately change the indicators as a reflection of the usefulness of a particular nutrient.
The procedure goes like this:
• Step 1: Measure the indicator by palpating the reflex points to illicit a response.
• Step 2: Taste a nutrient/supplement for 30 seconds.
• Step 3: Re-measure the indicator by re-palpating the associated reflex point.
Neuro-lingual testing (NLT) is a valuable tool for accessing the body’s innate ability to determine the usefulness of a nutritional supplement.
Having had personal experience and witnessing the experiences of many of my patients, I can attest to the effectiveness of Nutritional Therapy in treating a host of health problems including gastroesophageal reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis, colitis/Krohn’s disease, diabetes, hypoglycemia, high cholesterol, gallstones, yeast infections, and upper respiratory infections. Remember, Nutritional Therapy addresses the underlying cause of the problem and not merely a symptom.
Please feel free to contact the clinic for more information. “Nutritional Therapy”